Spambot Search Tool
Spambot Search Tool is a script that was originally posted to the StopForumSpam forums and written by Smurf Minions.
Smurf Minions original only allowed you to query the StopForumSpam database, which is fine. However, I wanted something more, so decided to expand on it greatly, by enhancing the features to allow you to check the following databases;
1. fSpamlist - www.fspamlist.com
2. StopForumSpam - www.stopforumspam.com
3. Sorbs* - sorbs.net
4. Spamhaus* - www.spamhaus.org
5. SpamCop* - www.spamcop.net
6. ProjectHoneyPot** - www.projecthoneypot.org
7. Bot Scout*** - www.botscout.com
8. DroneBL - www.dronebl.org
9. AHBL - www.ahbl.org
10. Tor Project - torproject.org
11. drone.abuse.ch - dnsbl.abuse.ch
12. httpbl.abuse.ch - dnsbl.abuse.ch
13. spam.abuse.ch - dnsbl.abuse.ch
14. ZeusTracker.abuse.ch - zeustracker.abuse.ch
15. Blocklist.de - blocklist.de
There are two versions of the script available, the first is for use as a standalone "program" of sorts. You can see this in action at;
The second, is check_spammers_plain.php. This is a simplified version of the script that you can use for your forums, blogs, guestbooks or anything else that allows users to comment/post. It returns true or false, based on whether or not the user is listed in the database, and if listed, which one (e.g. fSpamlist, Spamhaus).
I've written an ASP function that ASP developers can use to query the script, and several PHP mods for the likes of WordPress, phpBB2 and phpBB3, SMF and more. These can be found at;
* IP queries only obviously
In the case of Spamhaus, this will also tell you which blacklist it is listed in (e.g. PBL, CBL, XBL)
** ProjectHoneyPot requires you have a valid API key before you can query their database
*** Bot Scout only allows a limited amount of queries for non-API key users. To remove this restriction, an API key is required.
Welcome to the I.T. Mate Intranet
What is the 'I.T. Mate Intranet'?
Though technically an Extranet, the Intranet is provided as a central location for all things
I.T. Mate related.
This site was originally intended as an internal only testing and development site. Unfortunately
due to my not being able to (amongst other things) use custom controls on the it-mate.co.uk server, I resided to
transforming it into what you see before you. A central location for all things I.T. Mate related.